Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sun

Last night a big storm front came through Nashville. We'd had the windows open, it was near 70 degrees outside and the storm came pretty much out of nowhere while the family was watching The Visitor (great movie, Richard Jenkins is absolutely perfect). Woke this morning to cool temperatures but crystal clear skies. When it's this sunny in Nashville, you've pretty much got to take advantage of it.

I gave myself a two hour limit and headed straight for Downtown. About 50 minutes into the ride I found myself just entering the Shelby Bottoms Greenway. I took the first side trail I saw (first picture), rode back and forth on it a few times then stopped to eat some food and enjoy the view (second picture). Hopped back on the bike and pushed it home. I live at river level, downstream from Shelby Park, but it still always seems like I'm climbing back to the house.

Five days until the start of the second half of my Cyclocross Season. Two races a day, Two days a weekend for three weeks. I think I put on about 5 lbs over the last 4 days, but I still feel pretty fit. It'll be essential for me to rest late in the week.

No comments: