Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

New Years Day is a great day for a long ride. Changed the cross bike over to winter road mode last night. That entailed changing the gearing from a 39/18 to a 42/16 and putting on a set of slicks. Left the house around 11, got back around 3:30. 60-70 miles maybe. I can feel every one of them.

After dropping the parents off and before the rains yesterday afternoon I spent a few hours on the pump track, riding mostly. Every other session has played out as mostly an exercise in digging but yesterday was all about riding. So. Much. Fun. I hung a light in the tree and rode a few laps at dusk, I'm thinking I'll mount three or four lights to a board and secure it to the tree, like stadium lighting, so I can ride at night... Pump track grand opening party is imminent, perhaps at the end of the month when I return from my California adventure. Drop me a line if you want on the guest list.

1 comment:

Jimmy Chuck Deane IV said...

I'd love to check out the pump track!