Friday, October 9, 2009

This Sucks or I'm bored...

This blog is boring. I know, I know... It's my fault. I don't have anything funny to say and the races I'm in are basically time trials against like two other dudes I don't know... I won't make excuses. I vow to do better. I promise to make these interesting, even if I have to make them up (not even my mother reads this thing, blogs are dead, why am I even writing this right now...)

Seriously, our races here in Middle Tennessee are great but tiny. I showed up last weekend and was stoked there were 10 of us in the 1/2 race. TEN DUDES!! Wow! I might actually race next to someone on the course. I just popped over to the Cross Crusade website and checked out their results. 120 people in the Single Speed race. 70 in the A race. We're lucky if we've got 50 people in EVERY RACE. Do you know how much it sucks to still be racing in deep grass after every other race has raced on the course? Do you know how freakin' sweet it would be if 50-100 riders rode the course continuosly all morning, then 80 of us lined up and ripped for an hour?

I'm already planning a move to CO, but I think I'm going to spend at least a month in Portland every fall. October 25-November 15 seems like a nice time to spend in OR. The snow's falling but not skiable in CO, the weather sucks in Nashville. Why not head to the Beaver State (are you kidding me?) for a few weeks of serious riding... Now if I can just hit the lottery or convince my wife...

Today the plan was to ride to some appointments but there's a severe weather warning the lines up perfectly with that time frame so I guess I'll be borrowing the car again. My tan rocket is in the shop staring down a massive bill for a new gas tank. Weather's good right now, but the weather channel promises massive storms in the near future. Guess I'll put on a leotard and do some yoga. God, I hate this, this sucks, I'm bored...

No comments: