Monday, October 26, 2009

Nice day for a ride

Left the house at 9:30 this morning.  Weather was nice enough I didn't need the tights, which was sad because they're my trademark, but great because it was that warm and getting warmer.  The tights were still mangy from yesterday, but I would have used them anyway since I love the purple swatch and 15 years is not enough....

Rode over to East Nasty and picked up my man JDar then headed out the greenway.  Conversation is infinitely better on the bike and JDar is finally getting comfortable around my riding.  I think the squeaky muddy bike, the vintage tights and random diversions into the grass, over jumps and through weeds made him nervous; he would always drop back when another rider came our way but I've seasoned him a little.  Today, riders or runners or whatever would come from the other direction and we'd actually maintain formation, riding side-by-side on our half of the path.  This is a serious improvement as it creates no disruption in our conversation and the last thing a good conversation needs is a disruption.  I think I still make JDar nervous but he knows I won't take him out.  Or maybe he thinks as highly of the conversation as I do and is unwilling to disrupt our flow.

Still on the prowl for the elusive conversion bike.  Saw a road bike for sale today that I really wanted but the budget is set and the gear will be fixed.  Again, if anyone sees a 58-60cm bike with vertical dropouts, I'll pay a $5 finders fee.

Planning to fix the camera but until then it's only text.  I recommend bike snob in the meantime.  He's profound...

Tomorrow is a much needed day off.  Looks like it'll be warm enough for my costume on Saturday which is good for me but bad for everyone who lays eyes on me...

Here's more pictures of me with my tongue out.  I used to get a lot of shit from my friends when I was a kid for balling up my tongue like that whenever I made any type of effort.  Clearly I haven't changed a bit and still have no sense of style.  Thanks to Danielle Mahan for shooting some great photos.







No comments: