Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gears



This is my beater. Last night I put some 1.5 in slicks on it and took if for a brief ride around the block. Something is seriously wrong, it shakes like an old Nova. Look, and tug and pull and push and bounce and can't figure it out. Then I touch a spoke and realize that I can hand tighten 4 out of 5 nipples... guess the shop forgot to tension these fellers, that or the builder forgot spoke prep. Either way these babies are headed back to the shop for some serious work.

Skipping the workout today due to time constraints. It's probably ok, yesterday I did a yoga and run session with the wife then did an hour thirty five of hill intervals through Percy Warner. Feeling a little beat up so it's a day off! Down to about 190lbs. The day before Thanksgiving is not the best day to not exercise but I'll try to make up for it tomorrow.

by the way, as a post script, this bike is pretty ugly, I think. At least is mostly color coordinated, I need to get a shot with the damn skinny's on it.

No comments: