Thursday, January 10, 2013

(Mountain) Cross



Single Speed National Championships were held yesterday in Madison, Wisconsin and Adam Craig was triumphant yet again.  I love this cat, he excels in every discipline and wears cutoff jean shorts every year at the SSNC.  Virginian Jared Nieters finished in 4th, the only Virginian representing for the Commonwealth.

In local news, the Devils Backbone Mountain Cross returns March 23.  This great event happens on my home turf and starts and finishes in my back/front yard.  Just one of the many many perks of living in the Upper Rockfish Valley.  The spring edition is just 67 miles (or 27 if you opt for the shorty), last year this was my first event of this kind.  I don't crawl onto the saddle for 4+ hours unless it's going to be epic and I wasn't disappointed.  It rained, it was hard, I finished 22nd in 4:32.  Much of it looks like this:



If running's your bag, we've got a night time 5k/10k on the trails here at Devils Backbone this Saturday, called the New Moon Rising.  Pre-registration closes this evening, but you can always just show up and run.  I've put a lot of work into these trails, they're my baby (until my real baby arrives), and they get better every time someone runs/rides them.  Looking forward to kicking this cold I've had and returning to running them next week.  Get out and do something.

No comments: