Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Plants

This is what my diet consists of this week.  Came down with a little sinus infection at the studio this week and with the first race weekend this weekend I'm pulling out all the stops.  Drank nearly 3 gallons of water today on the trip back from Charlottesville.  Antioxidants are on the loose in this body.  I'm waaay out of shape heading into this weekend, but I'm too stupid to be worried. 



So I've been reading a lot about food and cancer and animal products and all that stuff and I'm moving toward the plants.  Plants are where it's at.  This is what I bought today at Trader Joes, much of it organic, none of it cheap, but I imagine I'll be feeling pretty good by week's end:

Power Plant Green Juice
Cranberry Raspberry Juice
Vegetable Broth
Rice Milk
Dozen Free Range Eggs
Broccoli
Carrots
Celery
Almond Butter
Kidney Beans
White Beans
Pinto Beans
Hummus
Bananas
Raisins
Prewashed Greens Mix
Sprouted Wheat Bread
Simpler Times Lager
Apples

Add some oats, a little granola, coffee, a bunch of quinoa and you've got an idea what I'm eating this week.  Hopefully this will leave me feeling great by Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday, Saturday is the first race of my season.  Last weekend a bunch of the local heroes duked it out in epic conditions at Beat the Freak.  Last year I notched my first win in this race, here's some footage.


Find more videos like this on Freak Adventures


I'm chomping at the bit to get out and hurt.  I'm behind in training, but that's what the CX1/2, 60 minute race followed by the 30 minute Single Speed race is for.  Last season I started out getting banged up in the 4's and finished winning the 3 races ahead of the 2's in January.  Maybe I'll have that kind of luck this year.  I'm definitely in better shape now than I was when I started in November last year so I've got faith and that's all you can really have when you're racing cyclocross.

No comments: