Saturday, May 12, 2012

Motion

Motion.

The feeling I get when in motion is unmistakable.  The thrill of the ride, the freedom of the drive, even waking up in a moving bus.  As long as I'm in motion, it's all good.  I've packed a mess of motion into these last two weeks.  65 mile 'cross ride/race, Appalachain Trail hike/run, mountain bike rides, beach run, paddle boarding, road rides, dirt biking and other things I can't remember.  Motion, for me, is my neutral state.  That's probably why meditation and yoga are so profound for me (and so difficult to do) and why I can't seem to bring myself to pick up fishing.  Slowing it all down, lying on the beach reading with my wife or sitting through a movie, takes incredible discipline.  Travel and touring, riding and running energize me, it's gas in the tank.  


No comments: