Friday, February 4, 2011

more mountain bike access in Middle Tennessee?

I heard today from Scott at Eastside Cycles that there's plans for a short beginner mountain bike loop through the hills and fields and woods of Bells Bend, right across the river from my home.  apparently it'll be pretty mellow mountain biking but it sounds like it will be absolutely perfect for cyclocross. 

the Burch Reserve property adjacent to the Warner Park system is still under consideration for mountain bike trails, you can voice your opinion HERE at the Friends of Warner Parks website.  the possibility of new trails, whether for hiking, running or biking is a positive thing for our community and I'm optimistic that we'll continue to make our voices heard.  next meeting is March 17th, I believe, but don't quote me on it, just double check and mark your calendar.  there were probably 120 mountain bikers there, it'd be great if 300 showed up.

I've become a member of SORBA today, you should consider it as well.  If you don't live in the south, at least become a member of IMBA (no, not IBMA, you don't want that).

In a little more than a week I'll be back at Big Sky to tackle the huge chunk of granite known as Lone Peak:



this photo was taken less than an hour after I skied it last year.  this year I'll be using just one plank.

Jeremy Jones is the greatest snowboarder alive.  he's ditching the sleds and choppers and doing it all under human power.  you gotta see this:



No comments: