Friday, August 27, 2010

Cyclocross Season

This has not been my year.  I arrived home from the road a week ago last Saturday, and on my first ride back, the first day of a planned 2 week epic hiking, running, mountain biking, tubing and otherwise summer-tastic session I absolutely wrecked my right leg.  I haven't been able to do more than barely walk for two weeks.  Now I have two baby legs.  Goodbye cyclocross season.  I have not the legs nor the constitution to compete this year.  My only hope is to miraculously regain form in time for January, but really, I'm looking ahead to Ski Season.

If you're in the Nashville area, you're psyched.  A bunch of local races and the big dance, the USGP in Louisville:

U.S. gran prix of cyclocross from Jim Fryer/BrakeThrough Media on Vimeo.

I'll be there, though I won't know until the last minute if I'm racing, which is the best way to do the USGP anyway. Last row and no knowledge of the course makes for super fun racing. Cross your fingers, get out your wrenches and start doing intervals... this is going to hurt. You.

No comments: