Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Festy part IV


The calm after the storm.  Neither rain nor wind nor conditions more akin to Scotland than Virginia could keep the Dust down at The Festy's 4th edition.  Despite a steady but soft rain compliments of a tropical storm that simply refused to push north, The Festy easily and handily achieved the designation of "best Festy yet."


Friday Marco Benevento blew my mind.  I think his bass player was David Dreiwitz.




Saturday Sunliner debuted and surprised ourselves with the rock potential of a power trio.


Saturday night, the John Scofield Uber Jam had me so fired up I had to walk away lest I burn every ounce of energy I had.  Scofield sat in with the 'Dusters later that night, first backed on his own tune, Kelpers, then trading solos with Chris Pandolfi on Fire.  Sunday I kicked back and enjoyed the music and the sights.  Already making plans for next year, The Festy part V.  Hope to see you all there.


 

Photo's by Brian Band and Pati Bobek except Sunliner photo, no idea where that came from.

No comments: